Since a successful implant practice depends on involvement of the entire office, we provide the opportunity for your CDA’s / surgical assistants to attend a day of surgery at the MaxiCourse. While attending, these assistants will get the opportunity to work and interact with our Surgical Assistant Team, make notes about how our team runs an implant surgical day, as well as put their new learning into practice, setting up and taking down operatories, dropping instruments and sundries, and learning how to maintain asepsis throughout.
In addition, each year, we also run a Surgical Assistant Staff Training Program, designed to bring your staff up to speed on successfully implementing dental implant treatment in your practice.
Our two goals with this program are to provide the training and education that is necessary for dental assistants to incorporate dental implant treatment into their practice, and to support Vancouver MaxiCourse and Implant Continuum dentists with training for their staff, to better incorporate what is learned at our programs.
MAIN LEARNING GOALS FOR CDA’s:
- Take-home knowledge for all participants to apply in their office on Monday
- Some hands-on practice that will allow participants to apply their new knowledge more easily into their work
- Support for the support staff in tackling a new / relatively new branch of dentistry that their dentist is bringing into their practice.
THE PROGRAM IS STRUCTURED BASED ON KEY VARIABLES:
- demonstrations to see how implemented implant dentistry works in our practice
- a strong hands-on training component on Saturday
- handouts with resources to aid implementation at the office
- emphasis on common language and systems so that CDA’s can communicate clearly with each other and with patients
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- working with the implant patient
- practice philosophy
- how our office works [sterile field, instrument setup and care, implant components, sundries, the physical environment, the prosthetic appointment, lab communication]
- sterilization & sterile fields
- the implant and prosthetic operatory
- patient communication
- instruments and armamentarium
- how-to hands-on workshops: scrub up, gloves & gown; instrument bagging and wrapping; understanding the surgical motor
- demonstration & group practice workshop: how to set up an operatory & gown the patient
Stephanie has been a CDA since 1989. Having a similar passion for continuing education as our CDITC and MaxiCourse Director, Dr. William Liang, she completed modules in orthodontics, prosthodontics, Cerec, cosmetic dentistry, and Invisalign over the course of her career. After assisting general dentists for over 25 years, her enthusiasm for implant dentistry led her to move from a GP’s office to Dr. William Liang’s implant dentistry practice in 2014. She is treatment coordinator and lead surgical assistant at Dr. Liang’s office as well as Clinical Coordinator for the AAID Vancouver MaxiCourse, successfully implementing a robust clinical program within the MaxiCourse and leading a team of CDA’s on weekends during the MaxiCourse year. A highly organized and detail-oriented individual, she is excited to be passing on the skills and knowledge of implementing implant dentistry into your practice.
For the hands-on sections, our MaxiCourse surgical assistant team will be on hand to guide each CDA in a variety of hands-on exercises.
This course is optional:
- $595/CDA early bird rate
- $695/CDA regular rate